Monday, November 14, 2011

Final Viewing of my microaquarium

On the afternoon of 11/11/11, I made my final observations.First of all, my water, from Dean's Woods, was very dirty looking and it seemed as if a layer of dirt had begun to build up on the glass as well some very small sort of filamentous algae as well as some other sort of green single-celled algae that barely visible. Amongst all of this clutter in the lower third of the water there were many, many rotifers sp. There were also many coleps sp. which I hadn't noticed many of since the first viewing. There were also a lot of nematodes which I had not seen before. There were also still many epalxis sp. So the cyclops sp. had multiplied since the previous week. They have a tendency to stay in the corners and edges of the aquarium. I saw two males and two females. One female had two egg sacs attached and the other female just had one. Two of cyclops looked vey clean, the other two seemed to have debris attached to them. The moss, amblestegium sp., was still living but had clusters of orange-ish filamentous growths attached at regular intervals down its stalks. Amoebas, rotifers and paramecium seemed to congregate amongst these clusters. The carnivorous plant Utricularia gibba L is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment